Here are 5 ways you can start living the homesteading lifestyle right now, wherever you live. Don’t wait for the “right time” to start homesteading!
1. Cook something. Make yourself a healthy meal from scratch. Try baking some bread without preservatives. Make your own tomato sauce and cook up some spaghetti.
2. Build something. A pallet bookshelf. A new coffee table. Try something you never thought you could do! Get out some tools and make something you are super proud of!
3. Reuse something. Repurpose old coffee tins, jelly jars, and tupperware containers. Use something creatively instead of throwing it out. Make pillows or try quilting from old clothing. Use your imagination!
4. Grow something. Tomatoes in a windowsill. Lettuce in a container on your balcony or back porch. Peppers. Herbs. Get your hands dirty!
5. Go outside. Connect with the landscape around you. Watch wildlife. Identify plants. Learn about the seasons, animals, and plants where you live!
Do you have ideas for homesteading right now, where you are? Share them in the comments! We would love to hear from you!